District Child Protection Unit
Date of inception at Balasore:
Activities and Responsibilities:
- The DCPU shall Coordinate and implement all child rights and protection activities at District level
- Contibute to effective implementation of Child protection Legislation,schemes and achievement of child protection goals.Indoing so, the DCPU will follow national and state priorities,rules and guidlines
- Ensure that each child in need of there is an individual care plan and that plan is regularly reviewed.Monitor the implementation of plan.
- Indetify families at risk and children in need of care and protection through effective networking and linkage with the ICDS functionarie,specialized Adoption Agencies(SAA),NGOs dealing with Chlid Protection issues and local bodies,viz.PRIs and Urban Local Bodies, etc
- Support impementation of family based non-institutional services including sponsorship,fostercare,Adotation and aftercare.
|Sl.No||Name of the posts||Sactioned Strength||Actual men in position|
|01||District Child Protection Officer||01||01|
Name of the Govt. programme implementing:
- ICPS under MWCD and OSCP under WCD & MS department, Goverment of Odisha
Name Of PIO:
Other Branches if any:Name and Place of the Branch.
- Child Care Institutions-12 no in Balasore
Special Other then Above:
- Childline:Subcentre Khaira