District Culture Office
Date of inception at Balasore:
The District Culture Office, Balasore is functioning under the administrative control of the Collector & District Magistrate, Balasore since 1978.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Look into various aspects relating to the cultural activities of the District as per the instructions and guidance of the Odia Language, Literature Culture Department, Govt. of Odisha and District Administration, Balasore.
- It is the coordinating agency between the state and central academies and cultural organizations and the public.
- It is the recommending body regarding I) Artists pension II) Cultural grants to various organizations III) Library assistance and grants under RRRLF Scheme to public libraries/ organizations having public libraries IV) Publication of books of eminent writers and for Purchase of their books by the government. V) Recommending of Awards to eminent artist and literature given by academies and the Government.
- Organises Cultural programmes, competitions, Mahotsava, functions and festivals and other activities as per the instructions and guidelines of the Government/ District Administration.
- Do the needful action for proper implementation of different Schemes of Odia Language, Literature & Culture Department, Govt. of Odisha.
- Review the activities of grantee Cultural Institutions & Libraries.
- Looks after the activities of the District library, Balasore & District Museum, Balasore.
|Sl.No||Name of the posts||Group||Staff in position|
|01||District Culture Officer||B||01|
|02||Library Assistant, District Library, Balasore||C||01|
|03||Library Attendant, District Library, Balasore||D||–|
|04||Watcher-Cum-Sweeper, District Library, Balasore||D||–|
|05||Peon, Branch Museum, Balasore||D||01|
|06||Choukidar, Branch Museum, Balasore||D||01|
Name of the Govt. programme implementing:
- Financial Assistance for Revival of Bhagabat Tungis.
- Mukhyamantri Kalakar Sahayata Yojana.
- Formation of Traditional Art and Cultural Federation Promotion of
- Block Kala Sanskruti Sangha (BKSS)
- Zilla Kala Sanskruti Sangha (ZKSS)
- Nagara Kala Sanskruti Sangha(NKSS)
Available Art forms at Balasore:
1) Palla 2) Daskathia 3) Chadheya Nata 4) Dadhi Nata 5) Sankirtana 6) Ghoda Nacha 7) Tribal Dance 8) Manasa Pala 9) Sasthi Pala 10) Chhau 11) Pitula Nacha 12) Kela Keluni 13) Paika Akhada
Manaswini Rout, District Culture Officer, Balasore
Other Branches if any:
- District Library, Balasore:District Library is functioning in Residential Building of Vyasakabi Fakirmohan at Shantikanan, Malikashpur. A total nos. of 26,000 Books are available in the District
- District Museum, Balasore:District Museum is functioning along with District Library in the same building. 18 nos. of antiquities are displayed in this Museum.
- Zilla Sanskruti Bhawan, Balasore:Zilla Sanskruti Bhawan, Balasore functioning at Shantikanan under the agies of District Culture Office. To promote the young artist, art, literature & culture it organizes meeting, seminars, workshops & camps at Sanskruti Bhawan.