District Small Saving
Name of the Office:
District Small Saving Office,Collectorate Balasore
Date of inception at Balasore:
Activities and Responsibilities:
- The District Small savings Officer will assist the Collector in all matters conerning mobilisation of Small Saving Collection of the District,Appointment of all Small Saving agents and achieving targets of Small Saving Collection of the District.
- The DSSO will maintain effective Co-ordination with the superindent of post Offices and post master of their respective areas.She is attend the Divisional postal Co-Ordination Committe meeting in each quarter.
- DSSO organise campaing for small saving mobilization drive in the District for investment in different Small Saving Schemes.He will undertake IEC activities for promotion of different saving schemes.
- The DSSO conduct tour to Block Offices,Sub-Divisional Offices in Connection with Small Saving Mobilization and monitoring issue of web base coupon of Small Saving Incentives Schemes with approval of cllector
- DSSO will take steps for Appoinment and Renewal of SAS and MPKBY agents with approval of Collector
- DSSO is required to assist and Co-Ordinate with District Collector to convene the Dsitrict Consultative Committee(DCC)/District Level Review Committee(DLRC) meeting is close co-ordination with the LDM and other stake holder.
- The DSSO required to organise Financial Literacy and investors awareness Campaigns with the LDM,Banks Financial Literacy Centers,Post Offices and Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- The DSSO is Required to act as a link between the Dsitrict Administration and LDM and Post Office and Banks of further deepening of Financial inclusion.
|Sl.No||Name of the posts||Sactioned Strength||Actual men in position|
|01||District Small Savings Officer||01||01|
|02||Junior Revenue Assistant||01||01|
Name of the Govt. programme implementing:
- To play a predominant role in including the habit of saving and thrift among the General public,student,Employee in all Goverment and private establishment.
- To implement small saving schemes through post Offices and Banks.
- To Mobilise households towards saving both in urban and rural areas of the state
- To mobilise Small Saving Collection from IT payer through different Small Saving Schemes which offers I.T rebate.
- To appoint Small Saving agents both Urban and Rural areas and monitor thier performance as a mean of employment and to provide doorstep sevice to the inevstors.
- To implements and monitor special schemes of the Goverment of Odisha like Odisha small Saving Incentive Scheme.
Name Of PIO:
Smt. Ashamani Biswal
Other Branches if any:
There are two Branches-(1)Sub.Divisional Small Saving Officer Balasore.(2)Small Saving Officer Nilgiri.
Special Other then Above:
The directorate of small saving aims to incalculate the habits of thrift thereby enable the people to cater to their future financial needs in prudent manner.Mobilise collection under different small saving schemes of the Goverment trhough both post office and banks which offer optimum returns and at same time generate resources for execution of various development plans and projects of the Goverment.
As per requirement of state 50percent to 100percent of the net collections under small saving is made to state by the Goverment of India as long term and soft loans.The long repayment schedule makes it an excellent resource of state for investment towards improvement/development of infrastructure like Roads,Drinking Water,sewerage,Hospitals,School etc in order to increase the resources the stae Goverment is taking all suitable efforts to mobilise small saving Collection.