Micro Small and Medium Enterprises
Date of inception at Balasore:
The District Industries Centre(DIC), Balasore is functioning under the administrative control of the Collector and District Magistrate, Balasore since 1978.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- To faciliate and creat/supplement Entrepreneurship activites in the District.
- To sensitize and motivate the youth for undertaking MSME activities for socio-economic development and elimination of rural poverty.
- To recommend the eligible enterprises and Industriesfor theadmissibke Govt.incentives.
- To facilitate provisioning of scarce raw-materials to the needy enterprises.
- To act as referral source for technical support and to co-ordinate between enterprises/Industrial houses with Goverment.
|Sl.No||Name of the posts||Sactioned Strength||Actual men in position|
|13||Jr. Coir Sup.||01||00|
|16||Tech. Coir Asst.||01||01|
Name of the Govt. programme implementing:
- Employment generation through industrialisation(MSMEs)
- Organisation of awareness and Motivation Camps for youth
- Conducting Entrepreneurship Develpment Programme training for youths
- Promotion ofMSMEs through incentives and marketing facilation
- Indefication and implementation of Cluster Development Programme
- Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme
- Holding of DLFC and DSWCA meeting for MSME Facilation
- Slipi Unnati Yojanna for Handicraft Artisans
- Master Crafts Men/Women(MCM) Training Programme
- Guru Shikhya Parampara Training Programme
- Crft Village Development Pragramme
- Design Develoment Programme
- Training of Trainers pragramme for MCMs
- Exposure Visit programme for Handicraft Artisans
- Institutional Training Programme
- Support to poor Artisans needing Work-shed cum Housing